[adf-list]原子收费

Erik van Lenthe. vanlenthe在scm.com.
星期四2017年5月11日17:05:03

Dear Jennifer Green,

The VDD (Voronoi Deformation Density) charges are calculated wrt the
fragments.
In a geometry optimization the fragments are neutral atoms.
If you use larger fragments the VDD charges are wrt these larger fragments.
If you use charged fragments, the calculated VDD charges will be very
different than those calculated ones if one uses neutral fragments.
Both can help you understand the way the charge rearranges.

The NetTotal SCF Voronoi charges, which gives the charge within the
Voronoi cell, does not depend on the used fragments, but will typically
gives less insight than VDD charges.

PS: Due to a bug the molecular ADF  program in ADF2017 does not print
VDD charges. This will be fixed soon.
Hopefully in the next ADF2017 bug fix version.

Best regards,
Erik