[ADF-LIST] FDE计算与放松和SpingOrbit Zora永不融合

Erik van Lenthe. vanlenthe在scm.com
星期四1月11日15:35:46 Cest 2020

Hi Gosia Olejniczak,

The check whether the FDE freeze-and-thaw are converged looks at the
number of SCF cycles it takes ADF to converge.
In case of spin-orbit ZORA this check may be broken, because the number
of SCF cycles might be always too large.
I think you should be able to calculate the FDE_NMR_relax example with
spin-orbit ZORA such that it is in practice FDE converged, although ADF
says "FDE not converged".

In your case, however, the freeze-and-thaw calculation clearly do not
converge.
Check that the SCF converges in your calculations for each of the fragments.
And first try relativistic scalar ZORA.
You could send your problematic calculation to support at scm.com.

It is not possible to set convergence thresholds for freeze-and-thaw
calculations.

Remark:
If you use relativistic scalar ZORA or relativistic spin-orbit ZORA and
use the Create mode to make the atoms, make sure that you use a ZORA
basis set. If you use the Basis key that should have been taken into
account already.

Best regards,
Erik van Lenthe
SCM